Monday, August 10, 2009

Desert Heat

Clients who are thinking of moving to the desert often ask me how we "weather" the summer heat.
I have lived in Sun City Palm Desert for 12 years and have remained at home for the entire summer, except for several weekend outings to San Diego or Los Angeles. One summer we cruised to Hawaii.
I play golf all summer, albeit early in the morning, there are tennis players on the courts--early in the morning. We do errands--early in the morning. It really does not get really hot until the afternoon. Then it is time to read, play bridge, play Mah Jongg, go to the movies.
Speaking of movies, I say Julia and Julie over the weekend. Don't miss it. Meryl Streep is fabulous!!!
Even when the temps rise in the one-teens, it is usually dry. Only in Aug. and Sept. when we get the Monsoon storms from Mexico, is it the least bit uncomfortable.
Call me if you need more information on the summer weather.

No comments: